Date – 03 December 2022 (Saturday), 09:00am –11:30am
Assemble at Siu Hong Station
Contract No. GE/2014/01 “The Rehabilitation of Lam Tei Quarry – Extended Works” mainly comprise of design and build for the final landform of Lam Tei Quarry, including quarrying works, slope stabilization works, drainage works and landscape works. The Contractor – Faith Oriental Investment Limited is given rights and permissions under the Contract for processing and selling rock excavated within the quarry and manufacturing and selling concrete and asphalt products. The Contract is scheduled to commence in April 2015 for completion in December 2025. At present, Lam Tei Quarry in Tuen Mun is the only existing quarry operating in Hong Kong.
This site visit will begin with a brief introduction of blasting and crushing works, plant facilities including crushing plant and concrete plant and the manufacturing process of concrete. Then it is followed by a visit to the crushing and concrete plant inside the Lam Tei Quarry. A Q&A session will be held after the visit.
Free of charge
Registration & Enquiries
- The maximum number of participants is limited to 30 on a first-come first-served basis with priority given to members of HKIE Civil Division / HKIE Materials Division / HKIE Structural Division.
- Applicants who have already successfully registered to or participated in more than FIVE (5) visits organized by Civil Division / Materials Division / Structural Division in the session 2021-22 will be given lower priority during the process of registration.
- Please visit the HKIE Civil Division website http://www.hkie-cv.org/ for online registration.
- Applicants are required to provide YOUR COMPANY NAME and YOUR POSITION by email to firstname.lastname@example.org after registration. Please use the email you provided in the registration.
- Only successful applicants will be notified on or before the visit.
For enquiries, please contact Miss Jane Leung at 9074 9307 or via email: email@example.com.